1. Visit the Twitter Developers’ Site
The first thing you need to do is head on down to dev.twitter.com. In order to create an account, all you need to do is click on the “Sign In” link at the top right.
2. Sign in with your Twitter Account, Next, you want to associate with your app. You do have a Twitter account don’t you?!
3. Go to apps.twitter.com (it can also be found by clicking “manage your apps” in the footer of the Twitter Developers site.
4. Click on Create a New Application
5. Fill in your Application Details,It’s been easy so far, but this screen often makes people confused. Don’t worry, it’s a lot easier than you think…
First of all you need to give your app a unique name (one that no one else has used for their Twitter app). Since we’re going to be an creating app for personal use and not one that other people can register and use, just put your domain name in or perhaps even your name.
You don’t have to worry much about the description- you can change this later, but it can help to distinguish this app from others that you might create in the future. I’ve put “a set of Twitter tools for personal use”.
In this section it doesn't matter but any website. you are not going to use it.
- Callback URL:
Leave this section blank.
Once you’ve done this, make sure you’ve read the “Developer Rules Of The Road” blurb, check the “Yes, I agree” box, fill in the CAPTCHA and click the “create your Twitter Application” button. Hurrah!
5. Create Your Access Token, you’ll then be presented with lots of information, but we’re not quite done yet. We now need to authorise the Twitter app for your Twitter account. To do this, click the “Create my access token” button. This takes a few seconds, so if you don’t see the access tokens on the next screen, you may have to refresh the page a few times.
This access token will allow your Twitter application to read Twitter information. You’ll be able to get data of your tweets, mentions, lists and more. However, if you want to do more advanced stuff like sending tweets or deleting, you’ll need to change your access type.
6. Choose what Access Type You Need, choose read only.
7. Make a note of your OAuth Settings, once you’ve done this, make a note of your OAuth settings. You will need these long horrible strings of characters for your Twitter app. The ones you will need are:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- OAuth Access Token
- OAuth Access Token Secret.
8. Now we have to paste Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, Aces Token Secret into ANB, open the bot go to Configure -> Settings -> Twitter Settings.
- Copy the Consumer Key from the website and paste it into API Key in ANB
- Copy the Consumer Secret from the website and paste it into API Secret
- Copy the Access Token from the website and paste into Access Token in ANB
- Copy the Access Secret from the website and paste it into Access Secret in the Bot.